lout-users

Re: Latin modern "fi" ligature not appearing in the PDF

From: Barrie Stott
Subject: Re: Latin modern "fi" ligature not appearing in the PDF
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 14:05:23 +0000

On Thu, 2007-11-22 at 20:32 +0100, Gabor Greif wrote:
> I have switched to the .otf versions of the latin modern fonts
> <http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/ps-type1/lm/fonts/opentype/
> public/lm/>
> and now after pdf conversion I get "rst" instead of "first" in my
> document.

Something similar happened to me recently where, after passing a
document through lout, the word `confirm' became `con rm'.

This was after I had asked the list about the meaning of @Recode and
Jeff replied saying essentially that it was introduced for efficiency
reasons that no longer apply. Initially, since I was building
fontdefs.ld using a script, I made every font have address@hidden { No }' and
got the undesirable `con rm'. When I changed `No' to `Yes' I got
`confirm'.

Barrie.