lout-users

Re: question about encoding (spanish document)

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: question about encoding (spanish document)
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 05:47:37 +1100

> I'm trying to write a document in spanish, but I can't get
> the right encoding to produce the written accent mark.
> What's the encoding I have to use (in vim) to produce
> the correct glyph?

You don't say which accent you want, but anyway they are
all listed in file maps/LtLatin1.LCM in the distribution.
Here is a sample line from that file:

    231 347     ccedilla

This says that the character code 231 (equals 347 in octal)
is c-cedilla.  There is other stuff on the line which is
not important here.

What you have to do in Vim to get this character, I don't know.
But if you find in the end that you can't, then you can
fall back on

    address@hidden ccedilla}

as explained in Section 1.4 of the User's Guide.

> What about UTF-8 support?

There is none.  The successor to Lout, Nonpareil, will use
UTF-8 as its sole character set, but I have no plans to do
anything with UTF-8 in Lout.

Jeff