lout-users

Re: new version of Lout imminent

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: new version of Lout imminent
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 08:21:10 +1000

Grigorios Prasinos wrote:

> Would it be possible to incorporate Greek support
> in the new edition of lout?  A nice free font is Kerkis
> (http://iris.math.aegean.gr/kerkis/) which can be used for
> a start.  I could help with the mapping file.

I'm happy to do my bit, but I don't want to be in charge
of anything other than physically incorporating the files.
The best thing is to tidy up your own setup, then send
the files that are different (basically include/langdefs,
your character mapping file (hopefully implementing the
leading Greek standard, whatever that is) maps/something.LCM,
an updated data/fontdefs.ld, and the font metrics file.
If you have a TeX hyphenation file, send that too.

I really want someone who speaks #$%^ to be in charge
of the files for #$%^, because only they can test it
properly.

If you've never installed a language, it isn't hard.
Just look in those files and do the obvious thing.
Also an updated data/standard.ld.

Jeff Kingston

ps not Unicode, Lout is an 8-bit system.  Feel free
to ask me about the details.  I'm happy to help.

pps Greek always seems to be written in an italic
font, at least the Greek I see is.  Is there an
issue defining the meaning of Base, Italic, Bold,
and BoldSlope in Greek?