lout-users

Re: Is is possible to mirror an object? + @Case problem

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Is is possible to mirror an object? + @Case problem
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 06:39:53 +1000

> I want to be able to mirror an object, and can't see how to do it.

There is no Lout symbol for it, but PostScript allows it.  So a bit
of PostScript enclosed in a @Graphic symbol will do the job.  There
is an issue about ensuring that Lout is not confused about the
position of the mirrored object, which would require a little care.

> The usual meaning of

    { Installing the Software } @Yield ...

is that the case branch is to be taken whenever any one of
the three words is given.  I suppose the simplest way to
get what you want would be

    "Installing the Software" @Yield ...

provided you enclose your actual appendix header in quotes
as well.  The quotes make the contents into a single word
with embedded space characters.  But what does your A and
B represent anyway?  They look like appendix numbers to me.
Why not just use the usual means of getting the appendix
number into the format?

Jeff