lout-users

Re: The name of the pdfmark mark

From: K. H. Man
Subject: Re: The name of the pdfmark mark
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 01:02:09 +0800

Hi all,

Michael Piotrowski wrote:
[snip] If @DocInfo makes sense only in the PS backend,
then its definition would just include something like:
 @BackEnd @Case {
   PostScript @Yield { ... }
   else @Yield @Null
 }

I thought about that, but I could not figure out a way of implementing bookmarks/outlines using the @address@hidden@Yield scheme, specifically the handling of tagged destinations in the same way as the @Link* symbols.

Michael's extensions for /DOCINFO pdfmarks (below) were possible because no additional processing was required for that case. I'm not sure if that is possible for bookmarks/outlines. If it is possible to do a hierarchical pdfmark outline using just the existing Lout language facilities, then that's good, no need to hack any code. :-)

[snip] For example, in my own extended report setup I have:
    # PDF options
    # Possible values for @PDFInitialPageMode:
    # UseNone, UseOutlines, UseThumbs, FullScreen
    named @PDFInitialPageMode           { UseNone               }
    named @PDFInitialPage               { 1             [snip]

So, there are three possibilities:

* One is in the direction of a generalized meta-information interface, @DocInfo; the Lout front end validates the information and it is up to the back end to process the relevant items into whatever shape necessary.

* Alternatively, the interface can be made to be explicitly clear that it is for a single back end or specification, @PDFMark.

* Finally, do it purely in Lout using some @address@hidden@Yield magic.

Thanks for the thoughtful comments... keep 'em coming :-)
--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)