lout-users

New, Just a few questions.

From: Jeremy Cowgar
Subject: New, Just a few questions.
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:24:53 -0400

I am formatting the ASV version of the Bible and formatting the Bible has a couple of unique problems that I'm not yet certain how to get around.

1.) Headers...I would like to use the standard header scheme, on the left pages have the Chapter/Verse in the upper left corner, and on right pages, the last Chapter/Verse in the upper right corner. I know it's possible for placement, I also know how to do this for Chapter/Section, but how can I accomplish this? Marking each verse is not a problem with a tag, and then retrieving that tag, but I'm not certain how that will work.

2.) Footnotes are plenty. Can I somehow format the footnotes in a paragraph format instead of each footnote on it's own line? i.e.

1) Footnote 1 2) Footnote 2 3) Footnote 3, etc...

instead of:

1) Footnote 1
2) Footnote 2
3) Footnote 3

Most of the footnotes are very small, such as 1) Or your 2) Other mss read "over the hill", etc... The average is probably around 4 words per footnote.

3.) ... this one is purely for presentation, not really a problem. But, the area seperating the page body and the page margins where margin notes go. Can I put vertical lines there?

I have been searching for the perfect tool in order to accomplish this task, and after spending the day with lout, I'm really impressed. I will be using it for other projects, even if this one does not work out, so Thanks a million!

Jeremy