lout-users

RE: On a programming manual for Lout

From: Neumann, Matthew C
Subject: RE: On a programming manual for Lout
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:24:59 -0500

On Fri, Jul 13, 1:04 PM, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

>On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 17:56:37 +0100, Graham Douglas wrote:
>
>> I hope my enthusiasm is not deflated by a total lack of
>> interest/response from other Lout users ;-).
>
>I think that's ok.  Silence on the list doesn't necessarily imply the
>lack of interest.  It is my belief that people using lout are mature
>professionals and so the silence is not an indication of indifference,
>but rather is a consequence of a professional attitude of people that
>do their "home work" and post to the list only when they feel they
>encounter real problems.

I need to second Uwe's point here.  I use lout for pretty much one thing (a
formatter for a bunch of data my users want all prettified).  I use
basically ONLY this really long table.

While I'd love to expand my usage of lout, I really have limited time to
devote to it.  Please take _my_ silence not as lack of interest, but simply
lack of time to be involved.

-Matt Neumann
 UNIX systems administrator