lout-users

Re: Table row colors

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Table row colors
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 17:16:31 +1100

    From address@hidden Sat Apr 14 01:37:14 2001
    From: address@hidden
    To: address@hidden
    Subject: Table row colors
    Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 15:28:45 +0000

    Hi,

    How do I color a row in a table a color other than one
    of the standard ones.

    for instance

    bpaint{0.7 0.7 0.7 setcolor}

    doesn't get me anywhere.  All I've managed to do, so
    far, is generate invalid postscript or no color change.
    I haven't managed to get any error messages from lout,
    though.

    Thanks,
    Dave

    Dave

I've hunted through the definition of the tbl package and found
that only the standard (named) colours will work.

I agree that this is a ridiculous restriction, and I will do
something about it for the next release.  Meanwhile, you can
colour the entire table any colour you like using @SetColour,
and indeed you can use @SetColour to colour cells like this:

   aformat { ... | @Cell {r g b} @SetColour B | ... }

although I have a sinking feeling that that would colour the
cell's edges too, which you'd have to set right using the
rulecolour option.  I haven't tried any of this.

Jeff

ps Sorry, @SetColour requires something like

   {0.3 0.3 0.3 setrgbcolor} @SetColour ...

to work properly.  Yes, I should test all this before posting,
but time is short today.  See the Expert's Guide for info on
@SetColour.