lout-users

Can lout flow text around objects?

From: Byron Weber Becker
Subject: Can lout flow text around objects?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:04:51 -0400

I'm working on a project where I would really
like text to flow around an object.  Might
be a graphic, might be text.

example example an example example example an example
example example an example example example an example
example example an example example example an example
example example an example
example example an example   here is the object the
example example an example   main body of text is
example example an example   flowing around.
example example an example
example example an example example example an example
example example an example example example an example
example example an example example example an example

Now, what would be even nicer is if the object could
stick out into the margin.

example example an example example example an example
example example an example example example an example
example example an example example example an example
example example an example
example example an example   here is the object the main body
example example an example   of text is flowing around.  See
example example an example   how it sticks out into the margin?
example example an example
example example an example example example an example
example example an example example example an example
example example an example example example an example

And now, here would be the cat's meow:  that lout would
automatically do this on the outside margin of a book-like
document.

Computer Science types who would like to see this in a
real book might refer to "Java: Software Solutions" by
Lewis & Loftus, an introductory programming textbook.
They did it with Framemaker 5.5, but after looking at that
program it strikes me as a tremendously laborious process.

If lout can't do this, any pointers to something that
can?  MS Word can, but I'm tired of the bugs.

Thanks!

Byron

Byron Weber Becker                                  address@hidden
Department of Computer Science   http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bwbecker/
University of Waterloo                               (519) 888-4567 x4661
Waterloo, Ontario  N2L 3G1                            fax: (519) 885-1208