lout-users

Re: Version 3.13 of Lout now available

From: Bruce Bennett
Subject: Re: Version 3.13 of Lout now available
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 14:54:04 -0800

Lout 3.13 builds, installs, compiles the user guide into postscript without
a hitch for me.

But when I do

        lout -Z all > user.pdf

in <loutdoc>/user I get the following result during the first run:

>       lout file "tbl_cell" (from "tbl" line 33, from "all" line 39):
>            1,1: unresolved cross reference @ChapterList&&tables
        <snip>
>            1,1: unresolved cross reference @SectionList&&tbl_cell
>          32,33: unresolved cross reference @NumberMarker&&colour
>       lout file "all":
>           14,1: unresolved cross reference @Runner&&following
>       lout:
>                internal error: assert failed in
>       Aborted (core dumped)

I've superstitiously tried several times more (including with a fresh lout
from "make clean"), hoping to learn just where assert failed, but the
result is always the same.

At a loss, and rather hoping someone else may encounter the same thing,

Bruce Bennett <address@hidden>

   (Red Hat Linux 5.2 (zlib 1.1.3), makefile options appended below)

_____
OSUNIX  = 1
OSDOS   = 0
OSMAC   = 0