lmi

Re: [lmi] Problems with the Cygwin build

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Problems with the Cygwin build
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 14:21:40 +0200

On Tue, 7 May 2019 12:00:49 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2019-05-07 03:07, Greg Chicares wrote:
GC> > On 2019-05-07 01:04, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > [...]
GC> >> 2. The main problem that took us the longest time to find and that I
still
GC> >>    don't have any real fix for is the build failure with libxml2 due to
GC> >>    "missing" lzma.h header.
GC> >
GC> > IIRC, we aren't actually using that in production, so maybe the
GC> > best solution is to remove liblzma for now.
GC>
GC> For now, and forever.
GC>
GC> > I'm not awake enough to try reverting c040201bcea tonight,
GC> > but I think I'll try that tomorrow, after making doubly sure
GC> > that we aren't using liblzma in production.
GC>
GC> We're doubly sure. Our decision is to abandon and eradicate lzma.

 Unfortunately I'm not sure this is going to suffice: xmlwrapp uses
pkg-config to find libxml2 and lib[e]xslt too and is probably going to
suffer from the same problem if the workaround with setting PKG_CONFIG is
not used.

GC> I'll change that (and of course fix the directory-copying issue),

 What about the remaining issues? Should we just ignore them for now?

 Thanks,
VZ