lmi

Re: [lmi] First version of the illustrations pagination patch

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] First version of the illustrations pagination patch
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2018 19:47:04 +0200

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 19:38:09 +0200 I wrote:

Me> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 21:14:46 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
Me>
Me> GC> On 2018-06-23 21:35, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
Me> GC> >
Me> GC> >  Here is the long-promised version of the pagination patch:
Me> GC> >
Me> GC> >               https://github.com/vadz/lmi/pull/86
Me> GC>
Me> GC> To reproduce an anomaly with HEAD + PR 86:
Me> GC>
Me> GC>   File | New | Census
Me> GC>   Census | Edit case defaults...
Me> GC>     change corporation name to any nonempty string
Me> GC>     [otherwise group quotes are forbidden]
Me> GC>   OK
Me> GC>   Yes to apply...
Me> GC>   Census | Print group premium quote to PDF
Me> GC>
Me> GC> Assertion 'height <= get_total_height() - y' failed.
Me>
Me>  Sorry for the delay with the answer, the fix is indeed as trivial as I
Me> thought initially and consists in just disabling the assert, but it took me
Me> some time to verify that it was really the case.
Me>
Me>  Here is the diff for the proposed fix:
[...]

 Sorry for another message, but immediately after sending the previous
email I realized that it might be more convenient for you to get this
commit from GitHub instead of applying the patch manually, so I've added it
to the existing PR 86 and the same fix is now also at

https://github.com/vadz/lmi/pull/86/commits/59d27b1037da0362b7f72b3ac21f66cd133ec664

 To get it, you need to run

        $ git fetch xanadu

and then you can either

        $ git cherry-pick 59d27b1037da0362b7f72b3ac21f66cd133ec664

directly or fast-forward your local branch tracking xanadu/pdf-pagination
if you wish.

 Of course, if you've already applied the fix from the previous reply, you
can also just ignore this one -- sorry again for confusing things with
multiple emails, but hopefully I send this one quickly enough for it to
still be useful to you.

VZ