lmi

Re: [lmi] First version of the illustrations pagination patch

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] First version of the illustrations pagination patch
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 23:25:00 +0200

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 15:55:16 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2018-07-14 13:05, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 12:51:09 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
GC> [...]
GC> > GC> I imagine I should first commit and push PR 86 in full in any case, as
GC> > GC> upgrading wx again is just a forty-character change on one makefile
GC> > GC> line.
GC> >
GC> >  Yes. If I may be immodest for a moment, it's really great how simple it
is
GC> > to upgrade wxWidgets used by lmi now.
GC>
GC> Yes, it worked very nicely:
GC>
GC> /opt/lmi/src/lmi[0]$time ./install_wx.sh >../wx_log 2>&1
GC> ./install_wx.sh > ../wx_log 2>&1  2740.65s user 141.70s system 1741% cpu
2:45.55 total

GC> ...and I saw no errors or warnings in the log.

 Glad to hear it!

GC> The experience with wxPdfDoc wasn't quite as smooth, although I suspect
that the
GC> warnings reported below might simply be noise.

 Yes, they all do seem to be harmless to me.

GC> FWIW, here's everything I saw on stderr:
[...]
GC> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
GC> perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
GC>         LANGUAGE = (unset),
GC>         LC_ALL = (unset),
GC>         LC_TIME = "en_DK.UTF-8",
GC>         LC_COLLATE = "C.UTF-8",
GC>         LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
GC>     are supported and installed on your system.

 This would seem to indicate that LC_TIME is not supported by something,
although I'm not really sure what. Presumably, if you changed it to
C.UTF-8, this warning would disappear.

GC> configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet

 This one is just the usual warning given when testing for mt (manifest
tool), I think we've discussed in the past and unfortunately I still don't
have any simple way of getting rid of it.

GC>           Warning: No config found to match: /opt/lmi/local/bin/wx-config
--exec-prefix=/opt/lmi/local --prefix=/opt/lmi/local --host=i686-w64-mingw32
--static --libs base,core,xml
GC>                    in /opt/lmi/local/lib/wx/config

 These are harmless but, of course, don't provide the greatest user
experience... Configure should probably suppress this output on its own.

GC> i686-w64-mingw32-ar: `u' modifier ignored since `D' is the default (see `U')

 This one is definitely harmless, even if thoroughly annoying (thanks
binutils maintainers). I've already fixed it in a half a dozen projects, I
guess wxPdfDoc will be the next one...

 Regards,
VZ

P.S. I won't be able to look at the pagination bug today and probably not
     tomorrow neither, but I'll try to do it a.s.a.p.