lmi

[lmi] 'wine' anomalies

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] 'wine' anomalies
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 16:13:12 +0000

Vadim--Off the list, on Thu, 19 Oct 2017 15:52:52 +0000, I wrote to you
about this 'wine' anomaly:

| - wxSpinCtrl text is right-aligned in an area that includes the
|    up and down arrows: in the screenshot, e.g., "Retirement Age"
|    is "65", but the "5" is mostly obscured (would it be weird to
|    force the "wxALIGN_LEFT" style upon end users?)

(you thought that was either a 'wine' or a DPI defect). I'm repeating
this here just so we have a complete public record, to which I have
a new observation to add:

In lmi's tabbed input dialog, <help> text seems to be inaccessible.
IIRC, in native msw there's a '?' button in the dialog's title bar
that's used to access this context-sensitive help. With 'wine', I
see three buttons there:
 - the button that "rolls up" the contents like a windowshade:
     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WindowShade
   which I have on most or all windows managed by X (or xfce)
 - maximize or restore
 - close
but no '?' button. BTW, the icon on this dialog is a wine bottle,
whereas other lmi windows have lmi icons.

The <help> text isn't accessible by right-clicking or hovering
the mouse, either; I don't recall whether either of those methods
showed <help> in native msw.