lmi

[lmi] Unknown fields in table input text files

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: [lmi] Unknown fields in table input text files
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 04:16:34 +0100

 Hello,

 I decided to extend my tests checking that all tables in qx_ins and qx_cso
databases survive the round trip through the new table code to also do the
same for the tables in qx_ann and got several failures due to the presence
of unknown "fields" in some of the tables here.

 One of them looks like a real field as it's present in several files: it's
the "Editor: " one. I don't know at all what to do about it as there is no
corresponding field in the binary format, so there doesn't seem to be any
way to store the value of this field in it.

 Another one is not a field at all, but just something looks like one: a
couple of tables have lines starting with "WARNING: " in their
"Construction method" description. I'm not sure what to do about this one
neither: should I specifically make an exception for this word? Or ignore
any unknown "fields"? The latter seems dangerous, as typos in the field
names could go unnoticed. Ideal would be to have some way to escape the
colon, e.g. by doubling it, but even if I introduced support for this in
the new code, it still wouldn't be able to deal with the text files
produced by the old version.

 Do you have any thoughts about what should be done here?

 Thanks in advance,
VZ