lmi

Re: [lmi] Wrong wxFlexGridSizer usage in about_dialog.cpp

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Wrong wxFlexGridSizer usage in about_dialog.cpp
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 19:42:49 +0000

On 2010-01-15 18:42Z, Murphy, Kimberly wrote:
> Greg Chicares wrote:
>
>> On 2010-01-14 22:37Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
>> [...]
>> >  Please find below the full patch combining all the changes
>> above and
>> > please let me know if you'd like me to change anything else.
>>
>> In case anyone else still wants to comment on the GUI issues
>> we've been
>> discussing over the last few days (perhaps after applying this patch
>> locally so that the behavior differences can easily be seen), I'll
>> leave those issues open until 2010-01-15T2400Z.
>
> I checked out revision 4736, which includes the patch to the GUI
> issue, and built Lmi. Upon launching Lmi, the 'About' window appears
> more condensed than currently in production. There is very little
> space between the pushbuttons and the edge of the window (i.e., the
> gray area).

Every control on this dialog had a five- or ten-pixel border on every
side previously; now all borders are two pixels.

The vertical space between the "Open" and "Cancel" buttons on the msw
"File | Open" dialog is three pixels, though there's a six-pixel
border around the whole dialog; it's enough to keep a southeast button
from colliding with the size grip.

And msw dialogs with two buttons at the bottom generally align them on
the right.

> I do observe the license text does now scroll in the window, as there
> is a scrollbar. IMO, the change in font coupled with the longer lines
> makes the text eye-catching, but not shocking.

I think I should change the font for the smaller dialog, too: a
monospace font looks a little primitive in a GUI.

What resolution are you using? What resolution does the typical end
user usually use?