listhelper-discuss

Re: Question about listhelper

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Question about listhelper
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 13:24:05 -0600

Hi Carsten,

I am behind on reading the mail and am just now reading this.

Karl Berry wrote:
> However, the human process (Bob and me) does include approving real
> messages; most lists are effectively unmaintained, so we do that by
> default.  Sorry for the confusion/problems.

Yes.  Since there are a thousand plus lists and a majority of those do
not have a specific maintainer they fall into an overwhelming amount
of spam if left unmaintained.  So by default unless we know otherwise
we try to do the right thing and discard spam and approve non-spam.

> If you'd like to have listhelper help autodiscard the spam but handle all
> approvals yourself, it's no problem.  We have a list of such lists in
> exactly that situation.  Just let us know the list name(s).

But if you tell us which lists you are maintaining and if you want to
switch on or off our looking at it then we would be very happy to do
so.  Just let us know.

Bob