liquidwar-user

Re: [liquidwar-user] Translation

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [liquidwar-user] Translation
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:24:48 +0100

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 03:24:51PM +0100, Jan Gretschuskin wrote:
> There was this word in the German translation you didn't have enough space to
> write it,
> I thnik it would be the best you would write the English word "speed"
That would be: "Geschwindigkeit -> Speed" right?

BTW, LW 5.5.8 is IMHO "ready to be released". The network could yet be
optimized/fixed but this would be for 5.5.9 I think, and would involve
debugging - and debugging inplies playing - with volonteers accross
the ocean 8-)

The only missing thing I think is a basic translation of the README
file. It would be *very* kind of you if you could translate it. The
missing passage is:

-----8<---------------------------------------------------------
Liquid War is a unique multiplayer wargame. Its rules are
truely original and have been invented by Thomas Colcombet.
You control an army of liquid and have to try and eat your
opponents. A single player mode is available, but the game is
definitely designed to be multiplayer, and has network support.

Liquid War homepage : http://www.ufoot.org/liquidwar
Contact author      : address@hidden

If you have any questions or remarks about Liquid War, you can
get help and informations on the Liquid War user mailing list:

Have a good day,

U-Foot
-----8<---------------------------------------------------------

And of course if you think there's something to add to this, you're
welcome to do it ;-) The point is that I try and keep the README very
simple so that it's easy to translate and it gives usefull basic
information within a reduced number of lines. The first paragraph is the
one I use to describe the game when it's referenced on a gaming site.

BTW, the "Have a good day, U-Foot" might be replaced by proper credit to
the one that actually wrote the text. That's to say, you 8-)

Thanks for you help,

Christian.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>     __/\__ ___