[Linphone-users] No chat selection with linhone 3.0

From: Tafoni, Theodoros Mr CTR USA AMC
Subject: [Linphone-users] No chat selection with linhone 3.0
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:54:49 -0400

I downloaded linphone v3.0, installed and compiled application.  Brought
it up and when I connected to another linphone (on another machine, of
course), I wanted to do a chat.  However, I didn't see the "chat"
selection on any of the toolbar selections.

This feature was there in v2.1.1, so I was surprised it wasn't there.

Now I will explain why this may be my problem  and not linphone v3.0.

My OS is Fedora Core 6 (FC 6).  The GTK LIB is slightly older than what
is required by linphone v3.0.  I initially, commented out the following
lines to get it to compile:

gtk-glade/propertybox.c:
//gtk_tree_view_set_tooltip_column  - line 286

Gtk-glade/friendlist.c:
//gtk_tree_view_set_tooltip_column  - line 216

When I started linphone-3, I did get a few warnings, but the application
worked OK.  I'm able to establish connection to another linphone, but I
can't do chat.

I did attempt to upgrade the GTK library, but that caused GTK to
complain about other libraries being old.  I downloaded, the other
libraries it complained about and thought I had it resolved.
Unfortunately, was getting a link error about a function that it
couldn't find even though the library did have the coorect function and
the library was installed in the correct location.  At that point, I
just decided to leave the above lines commented out for now until I
upgrade my OS.

The video and audio sections work with no problems.  I'm able to connect
a headset and webCam to both machines and I'm able to connect and verify
I can talk and hear on the headsets and see the video on both machines.
The chat is not the main goal, but it would be nice to verify all
functions of linphone is working.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

damocles