Re: [Linphone-developers] ortp: changing remote party ip/port during one

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] ortp: changing remote party ip/port during one rtp session
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 10:26:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 20 May 2009, Petr Kuba wrote:

Hello,

Then the question is what shall we do in this situation? We've tried to simply call rtp_session_set_remote_addr() but we haven't managed to receive any packets from the new remote address. Is there anything else that has to be done?

If you are looking for doing some symmetric RTP, there is an API to
allow symmetric RTP to be automatically handled.

In case, you want specific control, the code below is working for me:
     memcpy(&session->rtp.rem_addr, &evt_data->ep->addr, evt_data->ep->addrlen);
but you have to make sure the socket is not bound to the old destination.

tks,
Aymeric MOIZARD / ANTISIP
amsip - http://www.antisip.com
osip2 - http://www.osip.org
eXosip2 - http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/exosip/

Thanks,
Petr

Simon Morlat wrote:
Le Tuesday 19 May 2009 17:08:56 Petr Kuba, vous avez écrit :
 > Hello,
 >
 > Is it possible to change the remote address of the rtp session (ie the
 > address where rtp packet are sent and from where they are received)
 > while the session is running?

This should work, yes.

--
  Petr Kuba, Project Manager