[Linphone-developers] Feature Request: Support for E164.org Remote Manag

From: Rene Bartsch
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Feature Request: Support for E164.org Remote Management Protocol
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:07:37 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

we all know we can map E164 numbers to SIP addresses by using ENUM. But what
about road warriors
or people with dynamic IPs? Currently they have to use a Dynamic DNS service
like DynDNS.org and
add NAPTR records to their ENUM number in E164.org (or use a SIP registrar).

But there is a much easier way - the Remote Management Protocol
(http://www.e164.org/wiki/RemoteManagementProtocol) allows to update NAPTR
records automatically
in the E164.org DNS tree.

So I propose to implement a Remote Management Protocol client in Linphone which
updates a NAPTR
record in the E164.org DNS tree (sip:<extension@<ip-address>:<port>) when
extension, IP or port
change in Linphone.