Re: temporarily overriding paper variables

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: temporarily overriding paper variables
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 22:07:55 +0000 (UTC)

> I am not yet sure if this is a bug or not.
>
> However, I would like to hear about your actual use case. What do
> you want this for?

I'm working on the visual index, and there is a place where markup is
on the left, and a score on the right, but some lines of the score
(via `InstrumentName`) reach into the markup.  For example, lines 1,
3, and 5 on the left come from the markup, while lines 2 and 4 come
from the score.  Contrary to earlier versions, the new visual index
will be split into two pages, and this special markup will positioned
at the top of the second page.  Previously, there was no problem in
interweaving markup and space because it happened mid-page.  However,
moving it up as much as possible to the edge of the page doesn't work,
as described in earlier e-mails.

BTW, the reason to have no margin at all is to include the PDF as an
image into the PDF version of the NR, making it as large as possible
without exceeding the text height and width.

As mentioned earlier I know how to work around the problem.  It is
just surprising that Aaron's solution works mid-page but not at the
edge, and I would like to know the reason.

    Werner