bad grace note spacing

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: bad grace note spacing
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 11:06:06 +0000 (UTC)

Please have a look at this example.

```
{
  \omit Staff.TimeSignature
  \repeat unfold 16 { \grace e'8 d'4 } \break
  \repeat unfold 8 { \grace e'8 d'4 }
}

\paper { indent = 0 }
```

As can be seen, the spacing between grace notes and the corresponding
main notes increases if the overall spacing of a staff is loose.  I
consider this a bug – the spacing should always be the same.  In my
real-world score, the spacing becomes so large that it almost looks
like an additional main note.

Is there a possibility to improve that?

If you agree that it is a bug I will file an issue, since I couldn't
find a corresponding entry in our tracker.

    Werner

PNG image

PNG image