Re: Moving breath mark horizontally

From: Michael Werner
Subject: Re: Moving breath mark horizontally
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 05:29:48 -0500

On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 5:07 AM David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
Michael Werner <reznaeous@gmail.com> writes:

> For some reason Lilypond complained if I left out the right-edge
> entry.

It is not that you left out the right-edge entry, it is that you removed
it.  The way you have written your override, it removes all of
space-alist and only leaves the entries you state explicitly.

Instead, try overriding just the entry
BreathingSign.space-alist.next-note (and I prefer using a \tweak here)
such as

Ah! I wasn't aware that could be done. Also misunderstood the override - I thought it would just reset the values I specified and leave the rest as already set. I'll have to keep that in mind for future use. Greatly appreciate the clarification and correction.

Michael