Re: Custom dynamic text with spanner

From: Michael Werner
Subject: Re: Custom dynamic text with spanner
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 01:17:21 -0500

Hi Evan -

Just above the section you linked to is a bit titled "Changing text and spanner styles for text dynamics" that seems to be what you're asking about.

Short version:
\set crescendoText = \markup { \italic { molto cresc } }
\set crescendoSpanner = #'text
should be either what you're wanting or pretty close to it.

Michael