Re: nested \relative ?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: nested \relative ?
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 12:08:45 +0100

Hi Darren,

On 10/02/2023 11:46, Darren Ng wrote:
\ghostNoteWhichDoesNotActuallyAppear { c,,, }

I think what you want here is \resetRelativeOctave.

The best solution depends on many factors around your workflow and the setup of your project, but generally it is recommendable to split things up into smaller \relative {} blocks. It has taken me a long time to get better at this and actually do things like (silly example)

someMusicVariable = {
  \relative { c'4. e8 g4 c | a c8 a g2 }
  R1*10
  \relative { f'4. g8 e4 c | d2 c }