Re: Future of OpenLilyLib

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Future of OpenLilyLib
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 13:24:20 +0100

Le 22/11/2022 à 08:50, Henning Hraban Ramm a écrit :
... module code ...

\endModule % or whatever name

... example ...

where \endModule would act as a "trap" interrupting the parsing,
but only if the file is included. If the file is compiled as
main, it would continue parsing, and after \endModule you could
put some examples and tests for the snippet / module functionality.

That is how module documentation in TeX works (as you are probably aware). I don’t think many users would look into that, esp. since LilyPond’s documentation is more concise and centralized.

I wasn't even aware that TeX used a similar principle :-)

However, I wouldn't see a lot of value to it for documentation.
Maybe it would have some value for usage examples.

Best,
Jean