Re: Raise the "Fine" and "D.C. Fine" above the repeat volta alternative

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Raise the "Fine" and "D.C. Fine" above the repeat volta alternative brackets, how?
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 20:04:23 +0200

Hi Ken,

note that it would be reasonable to create these Marks on a Score level, not
on a Staff level.

If you are using a sufficiently recent development version you can also make
use
of the \repeat segno function, somewhat like this:

\version "2.23.12"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \override JumpScript.direction = #UP

\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff s1*6
  \new Staff {
    \repeat segno 2 {
      \repeat volta 2 {
        c'4 d' e' f'
        \alternative {
          { g'2 f' } { g'1 \fine }
      \repeat volta 2 {
        c'4 d' e' f'
        \alternative {
          { g'2 f' } { g'1 }

(note how although the marks are defined in the lower Staff they are displayed
above the upper one, since they are created on a Score level).

Cheers,
Valentin