Re: Cannot get clef and time on first measure

From: Steven A. Falco
Subject: Re: Cannot get clef and time on first measure
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 09:41:20 -0400

On 6/2/22 08:08 PM, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
Le 03/06/2022 à 01:58, Carl Sorensen a écrit :

On Thu, Jun 2, 2022 at 5:53 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

    In 2.23.9, you can already do \skip \melody_notes, which
    skips the duration of \melody_notes.

That is way cool!

Dan (in CC) is the person to thank for it.

Thanks again for all the "tricks of the trade".  I'll play around with the
scheme notation - it is time I learned more about that.

BTW, the reason the lyrics are self-timed is because there are some alternate
phrasings in the melody.  Please see measure 14 where we have two extra notes
to be used with some of the verses.  I don't know how I'd handle that with
\addlyrics or \lyricsto.  For that matter, the way I added the extra notes is
probably a hack, but I haven't found the proper way to do that yet.

There is a lot to learn, and that is a big part of what makes it fun for me.

        Steve