Re: Cannot get clef and time on first measure

From: Steven A. Falco
Subject: Re: Cannot get clef and time on first measure
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 11:57:12 -0400

On 6/2/22 11:50 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
Carl Sorensen <carl.d.sorensen@gmail.com> writes:

The reason you cannot get the clef or the time signature to print on
the first measure is because you have removed the
Time_signature_engraver from your Staff and TabStaff contexts and you
have set firstClef to #f, which tells LilyPond not to print the first
clef.

So much for my uneducated guess.  Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks David and Carl for the responses.

I tried David's suggestion, but it didn't help.  I had apparently copied the
"firstClef = ##f" from another example file.  Removing that does let the clef
print on the first measure, but there is still no time signature.

Regardless, Carl, I like your general restructuring, and I'll pursue that
approach and see where it takes me.

Thanks again to you both.

Steve