Re: How do I get an "empty / blank" lyric at the start of a song?

From: Paul Hodges
Subject: Re: How do I get an "empty / blank" lyric at the start of a song?
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 20:07:48 +0000

I prefer to give the singer a positive indication not to sing that note, so I usually put a rest, like the attached image.

For simplicity, I defined:
     lyricRest = \markup { \raise #0.7 \teeny \musicglyph #"rests.2" }
so that I could then write:
     WordsA = \lyricmode {
     \set stanza = "1."
     \lyricRest In the bleak mid -- win -- _ ter
and so so.

Paul