ties with accidental split over lines

From: David Zelinsky
Subject: ties with accidental split over lines
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 21:33:55 -0500

When a tie on an accidental is split over two systems, Lilypond shows
the accidental on both notes (which I think is correct), but then
positions the tie on the second note very high, so as to clear the
accidental.  This looks wrong, since ties are generally supposed to be
close to the note head, and in particular closer to the note head than a
slur would be.  But when there's a slur in this same circumstance,
Lilypond sets the slur on the second note lower than for a tie, allowing
it to intersect the accidental.

Was this a design choice?  Is it a standard thing in engraving?  I don't
have a good reference (e.g. Gould) in which to look this up.  I just
think it seems wrong.

And if I wanted to change it, to lower the tie on the second note, how
would I do that?  I don't thing \shape will work in this situation,
since how would it know which part of the tie I'm talking about?

See snippet below.  Screen shot is attached.

Thanks.

-David

\version "2.22.1"
\include "english.ly"