Re: Metronome mark not aligning correctly

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Metronome mark not aligning correctly
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 18:58:44 -0400

Hi all,

> I think one change should be that cross-staff needs to be more than a
> flag.  It rather needs to be a pair of staves identified in some manner
> where distancing of any staff pairs in that interval will not involve
> the cross-staff material, but it otherwise will contribute to the
> outlines and dimensions, and particularly to the distancing from staves
> outside of the cross-staffed interval.

Cross-staff notes is one of my primary use cases for the whole “pushing grobs
between contexts”: cross-staff notes should ultimately just be grobs pushed
from one staff context to another, with the requirement [which not *all*
“pushed” grobs would share] that they might be connected to the original
context by stems, beams, etc.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)