Re: Metronome mark not aligning correctly

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Metronome mark not aligning correctly
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 22:56:43 +0100

Le 05/11/2021 à 18:06, Knute Snortum a écrit :
I think I have found a bug, or at least an "ugly" behavior.  Consider
the following code:

%%%
\version "2.22.1"

rightHand = \relative {
   \tempo "Allegro"
   a'''16->-4( g f c  a g f c  a g f c  \change Staff = "lower" a g f c) |
}

leftHand = \relative {
   \clef bass
   f,1 |
}

\new PianoStaff <<
   \new Staff = "upper" \rightHand
   \new Staff = "lower" \leftHand
%%%

(see attached picture)

The metronome mark is aligned too low and collides with the accent
mark and the fingering number. Take out the slur and everything's
okay.  Same with the staff change.

So two questions:  1) is a bug?

Yes. It's somewhat like
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/4432,
and somewhat different at the same time.
I'm not adding it to the tracker because
we already have many similar bugs and it
is amply clear by now that cross-staff handling
will need a complete overhauling and not
just localized fixes.

and 2) how do I adjust the metronome
mark's height?  Y-offset and Y-extent don't seem to change anything.

I am not sure what you have tried exactly. The code
  \tweak Y-offset 12 \tempo "Allegro"
works over here with the same version.

Best,
Jean