stanza numbers at the beginning of every system

From: Benjamin Bloomfield
Subject: stanza numbers at the beginning of every system
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 15:55:45 -0400

I just read through this old thread from 2013 about repeating stanza numbers at the beginning of every system, because there isn't much more I've been able to find about doing this.  The scheme engraver given in that thread has some problems with it, and I would like the stanza numbers lined up more like StanzaNumber than InstrumentName so there is that problem with using \set shortVocalName.

However, this thread was from 2013, so I am wondering whether anyone knows of a better way to have stanza numbers repeated at the beginning of each system.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Benjamin Bloomfield