Re: Lots of temporary files when generating png files

From: Anthony Rushforth
Subject: Re: Lots of temporary files when generating png files
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 16:59:36 +0100

@Aaron : Because if I use your command line I get this png : a full page

I want a cropped png, and I found the command line I use in the documentation (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/usage-big-page#lilypond-output-in-other-programs) :

To produce ‘PNG’ images;

lilypond -dbackend=eps -dno-gs-load-fonts -dinclude-eps-fonts --png myfile.ly

I don't understand why it has to be "eps", but it's the only way I found... do you have another option to get cropped images ?

@David : I'm writing a program that generates html files including images with lilypond scores.
My first attempt was using "lilypond-book" but I need more control (I want to include midi file for example).
I will delete the remaining EPS file from my program.

Regards,
Anthony

On 2020-02-04 6:07 am, Anthony Rushforth wrote:
> There's only one eps remaining (c1c1e1g1.eps in my example), the other
> ones
> don't appear (including c1c1e1g1-1.eps).
>
> Le mar. 4 févr. 2020 à 11:46, Mark Knoop <address@hidden> a écrit :
>> At 10:25 on 04 Feb 2020, Anthony Rushforth wrote:
>> > I use this command line to generate png files :
>> > lilypond  -dbackend=eps -dno-gs-load-fonts -dinclude-eps-fonts
>> > -dpixmap-format=pngalpha -dresolution=100 --png c1c1e1g1.ly

Why use -dbackend=eps at all?  There seems to be some spurious options
in there.

I generate transparent PNGs all the time and never have to deal with
extra files.

Here is my command-line:

####
lilypond \