Re: Lots of temporary files when generating png files

From: Anthony Rushforth
Subject: Re: Lots of temporary files when generating png files
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 09:30:05 +0100

"-dcrop" is perfect in my case, thank you !

This flag is new and I didn't have it in the version I was using (stable).
For information it's documented here :
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/usage/command_002dline-usage
And the announcement is here :
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/changes/index.html

Now I use the development version, and I can crop...

Thank you for sharing all the methods you use, I'll use them perhaps one day, probably using openCV instead.

Regards,
Anthony

Le mar. 4 févr. 2020 à 22:54, David Wright <address@hidden> a écrit :
On Tue 04 Feb 2020 at 20:38:47 (+0000), Kevin Barry wrote:
> > An example where I do have your problem is with pdflatex, which not
> > only writes .aux and .log files, but leaves them world-writeable.
> That's odd! Is it because of your umask?

No. (BTW it's the .aux and .pdf files, not the .log, and the LaTeX
variant is lualatex, successor to pdflatex.) Mine is
$ umask u=rwx,g=rx,o=

The earliest report I saw of the bug was back in 2010:

https://tug.org/pipermail/luatex/2010-September/001998.html

but more recent is:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/texlive-base/+bug/1333016

though I'm using Debian stable, which usually means that bugs occur
later, or have already been fixed by the time stable is released.

My course of action is typically to write a workaround, and then
forget about it. All my scripts and functions call a bash function
-pdfl, which contains my fix. A single location also means I'm
prepared for when the flavour of choice changes from lua…tex
to something else (as happened with pdf…tex).

Cheers,
David.