Re: Syntax highlighting

From: Craig Dabelstein
Subject: Re: Syntax highlighting
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 05:31:35 +1000

Hi all,

This is what I've been doing to test, after cloning the repo. Instructions start halfway down this page: https://pygments.org/docs/lexerdevelopment/

You probably don;t even have to `make mapfiles` on this LilyPond branch.

  1. Run make mapfiles

  2. Run the lexer to convert the LilyPond file to html: python -m pygments -O full -f html -o /tmp/example.html tests/examplefiles/example.ily

  3. Open the html file: /tmp/example.html

On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 at 23:50, Henning Hraban Ramm <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am 2020-01-25 um 10:45 schrieb Urs Liska <address@hidden>:
>
> Am Samstag, den 25.01.2020, 17:48 +1000 schrieb Craig Dabelstein:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I've written a LilyPond syntax highlighter for pygments. It's not perfect but it's mostly working. Is there anyone out there who could test it?
>>
>> https://github.com/craigdab/pygments/tree/LilyPond
>
> Thank you for working on it.
>
> How does one test it?
> First clone the repository and install pygments from there (its `setup.py`) I suppose. The README suggests using `pip`, which surely wouldn't work, isn't it?
>
> I have installed Pygments through pip3, is there a way to avoid a conflict, e.g. by *not* installing your pygments clone but directly invoke the proper executable?

It would make sense to create a virtualenv, activate it and install Craig’s pygments there via setup.py

Greetlings, Hraban
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm