Re: Syntax highlighting

From: Craig Dabelstein
Subject: Re: Syntax highlighting
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 10:38:28 +1000

Thank you gentlemen,

I'll have a go at taking the python-ly work and seeing if I can use it work to make syntax highlighting with pygments. It's highly possible that I will totally fail, but I'll give it a try.

Craig

On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 at 23:38, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:
Il giorno mar 14 gen 2020 alle 12:34, Urs Liska <address@hidden>
ha scritto:
> Pygments is also what Pandoc uses for its syntax highlighting, so that
> would also make sense for that (e.g. generating PDF documentation from
> Markdown).

Are you sure?
I think that pygments is the name of the default style in Pandoc, but
the highlight library is a Haskell library called skylighting:
https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#syntax-highlighting
https://github.com/jgm/skylighting

It seems Wilbert contributed the definitions for lilypond syntax:
https://github.com/KDE/syntax-highlighting/blob/master/data/syntax/lilypond.xml

About 10 days ago I wanted to share this in the open issue in
Frescobaldi tracker but I forgot to do it.
I remember I found the lilypond file definition somewhere else...

--
Craig Dabelstein
Owner