Re: QtWebEngine vs. Ubuntu 16.04

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: QtWebEngine vs. Ubuntu 16.04
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 18:48:20 +0100

On 03.01.20 14:25, Wols Lists wrote:
On 29/12/19 04:30, Simon Albrecht wrote:
thanks for the reply. I have learned from painful experience that it
seems better to just reinstall the OS completely, avoiding any issues
with the upgrade, and restore user data from backup. I have made all
preparations for that and am trying to do it (freshly install 18.04).
In that case, if you haven't already, make sure you put /home on its own
partition. That will make things a lot easier as the re-install won't go
anywhere near your home directories ...

Thanks for the reply—seems like I forgot reporting my success. It turns out that last time around I did set up some things in a way that made re-installing the OS easier, including a separate home partition. After finding that the snap software manager should be avoided at all cost I’m pretty well off now.

Best, Simon