Re: How to remove all notes and only show Chords and Lyrics?

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: How to remove all notes and only show Chords and Lyrics?
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 00:04:24 -0800

On 2019-12-10 10:10 pm, Dominic Sonntag wrote:
Hi Kieren,

we're coming closer! But running your snippet as-is through lilypond I
still have some
gaps (see attached screenshot).

Now they are (probably) no more between chords and lyrics but between
the whole lines.

Using annotate-spacing I see that there is a greater "extra dist
(system-system-spacing)"
between some lines. In most lines it is less than 2, but the two gaps
have 5.21 or 27.86.
How can I reduce those? I can't find a reason for those gaps being that big ...

This seems to help things behave a little better w.r.t. system-system spacing:

%%%%
  % Do not use zero lines, but keep one around and hide it.
  \override StaffSymbol.line-count = 1
  \override StaffSymbol.transparent = ##t
%%%%

I would probably use a \paper section like this to evenly spread lines across the page:

%%%%
  \paper {
    indent = 0
    ragged-right = ##t
    ragged-bottom = ##f
    ragged-last-bottom = ##f
    system-system-spacing =
      #'((basic-distance . 0) (minimum-distance . 0)
         (padding . 0) (stretchability . 250))
    last-bottom-spacing =
      #'((basic-distance . 0) (minimum-distance . 0)
         (padding . 0) (stretchability . 1000))
  }
%%%%

This uses the strechability feature to divide the remaining space between the bottom of the page and between the systems.

-- Aaron Hill