Re: Problem on the dynamics of the midi output

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: Problem on the dynamics of the midi output
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 00:58:01 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks. One more question: is it possible to associate both the dynamics of the upper and lower staves to the same voice without the "\new Dynamics {...}" token?

For example, if I have:

 \new PianoStaff <<
     \new Staff="up" { c'4 c' r r }
     \new Staff="down" { r4\ppp r c'\fff c' }

I would like to display "ppp" below the rest on the lower staff, but apply it to c'4 in the midi output of the upper staff too.
In other terms: a "global" dynamics line with dynamics that affect both the staves and that I can choose to place below the upper or the lower one.

Thanks
Il lunedì 18 novembre 2019, 22:01:00 CET, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> ha scritto:

Am Mo., 18. Nov. 2019 um 02:37 Uhr schrieb Paolo Prete <address@hidden>:

> Hello.
>
> I can't find a way to have a single sequence of dynamics that affects both upper and lower piano staves in the MIDI output.
> I tried the following snippet but I can't hear any variation of the dynamics in the midi file.
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> \score {
> <<
>    \new PianoStaff <<