Problem on the dynamics of the midi output

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Problem on the dynamics of the midi output
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 01:36:38 +0000 (UTC)

Hello.

I can't find a way to have a single sequence of dynamics that affects both upper and lower piano staves in the MIDI output.
I tried the following snippet but I can't hear any variation of the dynamics in the midi file.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\score {
<<
   \new PianoStaff <<
      \new Staff="up" { c'4 c' r r }
      \new Dynamics { s4\fff s s\ppp s}
      \new Staff="down" { r4 r c' c' }

\layout { }
\midi { }
}

In addition, I wonder if is there a way to obtain the same result without having to add a "Dynamics" separate context...

thanks