Re: improving Janek's \dynamic function (for combo dynamics)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: improving Janek's \dynamic function (for combo dynamics)
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 15:17:03 -0400

Hi Harm,

> sorry for the late reply.

No worries!

> You likely mean this thread:
> http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/improving-Janek-s-dynamic-function-for-combo-dynamics-td205071.html

Yes — sorry I didn’t link.

> I hardly find time to work with or on LilyPond these days.

Our loss.  =)

> Attached you'll find the file which I used for some serious
> typesetting work (thus the file-name).
> Not sure how much it goes beyond what I already had posted.

A little… and that little is quite helpful!

>> 2. How can I eliminate the resulting grob from quoted material? The normal
>> attempts (e.g., \omit DynamicText) don’t seem to work all the time.
> Could you post a minimal?

Will do, the moment I’ve got this commission out the door!  =)

> The spacing between dynamic and normal text could be set in the attached file
> with
> DynamicText.details.outer-x-space

Great!

> Not sure what you mean with your last question. Could you give an example?

Well, for example, dynamic f and p have different kerning needs, because of how
far over to the right the top of the f hangs; I’d like to be able to
(?auto-)adjust the kerning before/after a given dynamic text. When I find a
really obviously example, I’ll get back to you — for now, this improved version
is great.

Thanks!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)