RE: Overriding a global declaration

From: John McWilliam
Subject: RE: Overriding a global declaration
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 11:39:01 +0200

I am so…. grateful for your help here and enclose my version with adjustments if you are interested.

I found that adding a \pagebreak inside a bookpart in order to place tunes 3 & 4 on separate pages led to unwanted changes in pagination. When I placed tune 4 in its own bookpart everything was fine. In my old structure it was possible to separate tunes with pagebreaks.

I also added a new section with two short tunes on one page. This was also successful.

I now understand book and bookpart structure better. I don’t think Finale or Sibelius can offer the same flexibility as that available in Lilypond – the problem is the learning curve!

John McWilliam

Sent from Mail for Windows 10