Re: slurs and ties to end of bar

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: slurs and ties to end of bar
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 12:21:31 +0200 (CEST)

> You mean you just want the slurs to extend before and after the
> notes?

Yes, but ...

> Any reason you can't use \shapeII from openlilylib?

... I don't want to have a manual solution – but thanks for the
suggestion.

What I imagine is a possibility to specify `front matter' and
`back matter' that gets processed but not displayed, for example

  \relative c' {
    \frontmatter { f4( }
    g a b c
    \backmatter { d) }
  }

which should be handled as

  \relative c' {
    \partial 4 f4( \break
    g a b c \break
    d)
  }

with the first and third line thrown away.

Something like that would be extremely helpful for chords with many
ties, like in piano music.

    Werner