Re: Ties across voices

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Ties across voices
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 17:05:52 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Sorensen" <address@hidden> To: "Simon Albrecht" <address@hidden>; "Shachar Shemesh" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2018 4:52 PM

On 6/17/18, 12:14 PM, "Simon Albrecht" <address@hidden> wrote:

   On 16.06.2018 20:41, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
   > The Tie won't tie between the voices and the chord past the voices.

It seems to work if you move the Tie_engraver from Voice to Staff level:

I moved Tie_performer along, since you were talking about the importance of accurate MIDI for your use case. I don’t use MIDI (or hardly ever) so
   I can’t test reasonably, but it should work, I imagine.

This looks like the right answer, and one that maybe ought to be documented in a docs snippet. Lots of people use the LSR trick of hidden notes, when a more straightforward approach is to move the Tie_engraver.

I wonder if having the Tie_engraver be in the Staff ought to be the default? Can anyone see negatives to having it be in the Staff?

Thanks,

Carl

If it means ties will tie equal pitch notes in, say, voiceOne with others in voiceTwo, both on the same stave, it seems like an excellent change.

--
Phil Holmes