Re: Ties across voices

From: Shachar Shemesh
Subject: Re: Ties across voices
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 21:03:53 +0300

On 17/06/18 07:51, Carl Sorensen wrote:
This turns out to be a quite challenging snippet to engrave.
I'm sorry, it seems that my challenges are not over :-(
You can read more about using hidden notes to make ties span voices here:
It is an interesting technique, but it has one major problem: The actual notes are wrong. The hidden note isn't rendered to the output, but it is present and played.

Worse, one of the reasons I took this on was to learn the piece using PianoBooster (http://pianobooster.sourceforge.net/). This means that even if we manage to "hide" the note from the midi as well (i.e. - by muting its volume), it is still there, and pianobooster will still expect you to play it.

I promise I am not trying to be difficult. If there is no way to do what I want, I'll just settle for the sub-optimal rendering I currently have (https://github.com/MutopiaProject/MutopiaProject/pull/1000).

Thank you all for your commitment :-)
Shachar