Re: Glissando passing rest in tuplet

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Glissando passing rest in tuplet
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2018 11:37:07 +0200

Helge Kruse <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I want to write a glissando over several measures. The exact starting
> point shall be set with sufficient rests, but it's in a tuplet.
> Therefore the composer writes the tuplet elements (rest chord rest).
>
> Unfortunately Lilypond suppresses the glissando if there is a something
> between start and stop of glissando. You can see this, if you replace
> the spacer rest with a standard rest in this example:
>
> \version "2.18.2"
>
> \relative c'' {
>   \time 2/4
>   \tuplet 3/2 { r8 <cis d a' es'>8 \glissando s }
>   %\once\override NoteColumn.glissando-skip = ##t
>   r8*15
>   b'4 r
> }
>
> How can I write the (first) spacer rest as normal reset and keep the
> glissando?

By setting glissando-skip for all involved note columns?  You can either
replicate the \once \override, or you can use a temporary override and
revert like this:

\version "2.18.2"

\relative c'' {
  \time 2/4
  \tuplet 3/2 { r8 <cis d a' es'>8 \glissando
                \temporary \override NoteColumn.glissando-skip = ##t r }
  r8*15
  \revert NoteColumn.glissando-skip
  b'4 r
}

> The NoteColumn.glissando-skip works for a rest that is outside the
> tuplet. But I need the rest inside.

So why don't you put the override inside as well?

--
David Kastrup