Re: command line option that prevents generation of midi?

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: command line option that prevents generation of midi?
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 15:21:12 +0200

SoundsFromSound wrote
/
> you comment out/delete the MIDI block. I think?
>
> Are you able to comment it out or does that interfere somehow?

Yes, I can just comment it out, or delete the midi file afterwards, so it's
no problem.  I just thought there might be a command line option that would
work instead.

See the last comment here:
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Lilypond-compile-with-no-midi-output-td140395.html

the following command _seems_ to work:

lilypond -e "(set! write-performances-midis (lambda (performances basename . rest) 0))" piece.ly

even if I don't know what it's really doing: it just deletes the midi file? or it really avoids the creation of the midi file?